2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. softened unsalted butter or shortening
1 1/4 c. dry sugar substitute (I use Whey Low® Type D Granular; sold in Whole Foods and online)
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pure almond extract
1 large egg
3/4 c. crushed pineapple, drained
1 c. sliced almonds
1/4 c. sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 c. minced shredded unsweetened coconut
Swerve® Confectioners, to garnish (optional; located in baking aisle)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In separate bowl, use electric mixer to blend butter or shortening, dry sugar substitute and vanilla and almond extracts.
- Beat in egg until mixture is whipped.
- Blend in pineapple, sliced almonds, chocolate chips (optional) and the blended flour.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls a few inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle top of cookies with minced coconut.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Remove baking sheet from oven.; let cookies rest on the sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a baking rack to cool.
- Dust each cookie with Swerve® Confectioners if you’d like, and enjoy!