SUGAR-FREE French Breakfast Puffs
1/2 cup Whey Low® Type D Granular
1 tsp. cinnamon
1. In mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat together the Whey Low® Type D Granular and shortening until light and fluffy; then beat in egg and vanilla.
2. In separate bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Blend flour mixture and milk alternately into shortening mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture; beat just until combined.
4. Grease bottom cavities of 36 mini muffin tins and fill 2/3 full.
5. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven 15 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Dip immediately into butter and then roll in cinnamon mixture.
1. Melt butter and add to one bowl.
2. In another bowl, combine the Whey Low® Type D Granular and cinnamon.
Yield: 36 puffs
* These puffs are equally good coated with a vanilla glaze made of sifted Whey Low® Type D Granular, vanilla and a little milk!
(1 ½ c. sifted Whey Low® Type D Granular, 2 tsp. vanilla and 3 tbsp. milk)
* The puffs can also be made in an electric cake pop maker or
* Extra puffs can be frozen and reheated in oven or microwave.